I have always been fundamentally attracted to line and value and how the variation of one will affect the other. I use a multitude of lines to describe form, to emulate light and shadow. Though I my experiment with other techniques and media, I always come back to this form of drawing. It provides for me a fresh way of viewing the world along with challenges to overcome. From woodcut to scratchboard to pen and ink to engraving, the use of line tells a story. It communicates a feeling between the image and viewer, and when successful, there is nothing more satisfying or magical.
Partial list of Shows and awards:
- American Illustration Annual 37 online gallery winner
- Represented in Infected by Art Annual 6
- Creative Quarterly 100 Best winner 2017
- Silver Medal Society of Illustrators West #56
- Represented in Society of Illustrators West
- Represented in Creative Quarterly, 42, 43, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52
- Creative Quarterly 100 Best winner 2016
- 3x3 Illustration Annual #13; Honorable Mention
- 3X3 Illustration Annual #11; Two merit awards;
- Art at the Center; Group Show, The Human Form;
- Hilliard Gallery; Group Show, The Human Figure;
- Artist Magazine’s Best of show 23 finalist for Figure Drawing.